COLUMBUS (WTVG) -- Fire officials say one man has been killed and seven others injured in a ride malfunction at the Ohio State Fair.
Columbus Battalion Chief Steve Martin says five of the injured are in critical condition and the other two are in stable condition at area hospitals.
The Ohio State Highway Patrol continues to investigate a ride accident which resulted in the death of one person and injured seven others. The accident occurred at the Ohio State Fair yesterday at 7:24 p.m. on a ride called the Fireball, which is operated by Amusements of America.
Tyler Jarrell, 18, of Columbus, Ohio, was pronounced deceased at the fairgrounds.
The following were injured and transported to area hospitals:
• Tamika Dunlap, 36, of Reynoldsburg, Ohio
• Russell Franks, 42, of Columbus, Ohio
• Keziah Lewis, 19, of Columbus, Ohio
• Jacob Andrews, 22, of Pataskala, Ohio
• Jennifer Lambert, 18, of Columbus, Ohio
• Abdihakim Hussein, 19, of Columbus, Ohio
• A 14 year-old male whose name is being withheld at the request of the family
Dramatic video captured by a bystander shows the ride swinging back and forth like a pendulum and spinning in the air when it crashes into something and part of the ride flies off, throwing riders to the ground.
The fair did not immediately respond to a request seeking comment.
The Ohio State Fair runs through August 6.
Republican Gov. John Kasich says he has ordered a full investigation and ordered that all fair rides be shut down until additional safety inspections can be completed.