Early morning fire forces multiple people out of their home

By  | 

TOLEDO (WTVG) - An early morning fire in Toledo has forced multiple people out of their homes.

The blaze broke out around 2:30 at an apartment-style home on the 400 block of Oswald Street.

Once on scene firefighters found the home engulfed in flames.

The battalion chief on scene tells 13abc the fire started due to a cooking accident in one of the units.

Everyone inside the building made it out safe with no injuries. One dog, however, lost its life in the blaze.

The Red Cross has been called in to assist the people displaced by the fire.

"I lost memorabilia. All the pictures have smoke on them," said Janie Marie Cornett Jennings. "I'm staying here and there."

If you would like to help Janie, please reach out to her on Facebook at:

https://www.facebook.com/janie.jennings.1