TOLEDO, Ohio (WTVG) - Lucas County Sheriff John Tharp released 10 tips aimed at keeping people safe this Halloween. Here is his list:
10. Don't obstruct vision with hats, mask, etc… that do not fit properly.
9. Wear flame resistant costumes and accessories.
8. Well-fitting costumes and shoes to prevent trips and falls.
7. Decorate costumes with reflective tape and/or bright colors.
6. Carry flashlight to see and be seen. Also add glow stick and/or any clip on lights.
5. Always look Left-Right-Left, walk facing traffic, use sidewalks whenever possible, make eye-contact with drivers, and cross at intersections & crosswalks.
4. Remember important Stranger Danger rules as they apply more than ever! & Do not go inside anywhere without adult!
3. Stay with trusted group of friends and TAKE AN ADULT.
2. ADULTS-keep the kid's safe by being bright and well lit and most importantly, make sure you stay close enough to insure everyone is aware of your presence with your kids.
1. Examine candy and other collected things at the end of the night. Candy Screening at the Lucas County Juvenile Justice Complex, located at 1801 Spielbusch Ave on Halloween night from 6 PM to 9 PM.