• Preventing, monitoring and reporting on-air errors.
• Setup, control and monitor television broadcasting equipment to transmit television programs and station breaks to the viewing audience.
• Read program logs to ascertain the name of programs/station breaks, and at what time programs/station breaks are scheduled to air.
• Ingest commercials, programs and other program materials into the station automation system.
• Operate station automation equipment. Perform minor computer troubleshooting and diagnostics.
• Utilize video test and monitoring equipment to monitor and adjust signal quality.
• Observe on-air monitors to ascertain problems with transmission, such as loss of audio/video signals and report any problems to the appropriate Technology staff.
• Perform minor equipment troubleshooting, observe transmitter control panels to determine cause and area of problems and inform engineering personnel of transmission problems.
• Record onto television programming logs actual time programs/station breaks air.
• Prepare discrepancy reports describing problems encountered during transmission of programs/station breaks and reason for problems.
• Have a working knowledge of broadcast law (e.g. Legal IDs, EAS rules and regulations, Tower lighting, Commercial Sponsorship, et. al).
• May control transmitting equipment to route television program to remote broadcast sites.
• Take transmitter readings and enter data onto transmitter logs.
• Work with News and ENG\SNG operations to set up live shots on the studio end.
• Operate robotic cameras for news production
• Occasionally assist with the production of local news, promotions and commercial programming.
• Occasionally assist with facility maintenance and Environmental Health and Safety issues.
• Perform other duties as needed and directed by The Director of Technology\ Chief Engineer
• Minimum 1 year broadcast experience or related
• College \ Technical School graduate in related fields
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Ability and willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.
• Must be available to work all shifts, including early mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends, late breaking news and weather emergencies.
• Available 24 hours/7days per week based on scheduled hours
• Ability to work overnight hours on regular basis.
• Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 high stress work environment.
• Multitask, react, solve problems and obtain results under pressures of television production and broadcasts.
• Interact with a variety of individuals including management, employees, and outside vendors/consultants.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Act independently
• Display flexibility, creativity, and develop innovative solutions.
• Be a team player
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and key responsibilities and essential duties of work performance by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees to do this job. The job description is not an employment contract. WTVG Inc. reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.
Apply online at: www.gray.tv/applynow