• A proven record of success in production and distribution of local news
• Media-related bachelor's degree or equivalent job experience in journalism
• Proven leadership, communication and organizational skills and excellent news judgment
• A passion for production and storytelling, combined with an unwavering commitment to journalistic ethics and standards
• A community-minded spirit and vision to expand the stations’ outreach through coverage of impactful events to the greater region we serve
• Success in growing the organization’s social and digital footprint, especially within key demographics
• Ability to teach and lead by example while using the latest technology
• Attend and participate in daily news meetings
• Ability to cover news independently, accurately creatively and quickly under deadline pressure
• Willingness to grow by taking direction as a team player
• Highly motivated and a self-starter
Candidates must exhibit a strong work ethic, excellent people skills, and must maintain a professional attitude at all times.
Passing a drug screening and motor vehicle records check are conditions of employment. Gray Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. Hours, shifts, responsibilities are flexible and are subject to change at the News Directors discretion.
To apply, please send a resume, demo reel and cover letter to: www.gray.tv/applynow for WTVG.