Toledo's three-game tour of the Michigan schools concludes with a trip to Eastern Michigan this Saturday at 1:00 p.m. The Rockets (5-1, 3-0 MAC) have won five straight games following a season-opening loss at Arizona and are looking to go 4-0 in league play going into their final non-conference game of the season vs. No. 20 Cincinnati on Oct. 20.
The Rockets are coming off an exciting 50-35 Homecoming triumph over Central Michigan on Oct. 6. The game was in doubt until a pair of "pick-sixes" by safeties Mark Singer and Jermaine Robinson in the fourth quarter. Toledo trailed at halftime, 21-17, but junior Bernard Reedy put Toledo back in front by going 66 yards for a touchdown off a punt return early in the third quarter. UT never lost the lead but held just a five-point lead, 40-35, following a CMU TD with three minutes to play. But the Rockets ate up more than two minutes of clock before converting a field goal, then closed the deal on Robinson's interception and score with 38 seconds left.
Toledo's defense played well despite playing without three of its four starting defensive linemen. Two of them—senior T.J. Fatinikun and junior Christian Smith—are out for the season. The third, senior Danny Farr, has missed the last four games following an injury at Wyoming on Sept. 8.
Back Story on the Eastern Michigan Game
• This will be the 40th meeting between the two schools with Toledo leading the series, 28-11. The Rockets have won five straight and 12 of the last 13 games in the series.
• Since a season-opening loss at Arizona, Toledo has won five straight. UT is 17-2 in its last 19 MAC contests.
• Toledo is 5-1 for the first time since 2005. That team started out 6-1 and went on to finish 9-3 with a victory in the GMAC Bowl.
WHEN: Saturday, Oct. 13, 1:00 p.m.
WHERE: Rynearson Stadium (30,200)
• Toledo (5-1, 3-0 MAC)
• Eastern Michigan (0-5, 0-2 MAC)
SERIES RECORD: Toledo leads, 28-11. The Rockets have won the last five meetings, including a 54-16 triumph last year.
• Matt Campbell, 6-1 (1st full year) at Toledo, same overall. 0-0 vs. EMU.
• Ron English, 8-33 (4th year) at EMU, same overall. 0-3 vs. Toledo.
ROCKET RADIO NETWORK: Mark Beier (play-by-play), former Rocket Andy Boyd (color) and Jim Heller (sideline) will cover the action. Pregame begins at 11:00 a.m.
WEB-AUDIO: Free live audio streaming of the UT Rocket Radio Network broadcast on www.utrockets.com