• The game marked the fourth all-time meeting between Ohio State and Chicago State, all in Columbus. The Buckeyes hold a 4-0 advantage in the series.
• The matchup with Chicago State was the first on the new Value City Arena court for Ohio State.
• Since the end of the 2008-09 season, Ohio State has avoided back-back losses.
• Five Ohio State players scored in double figures: Deshaun Thomas (17 points); Aaron Craft (10); Lenzelle Smith, Jr. (13); LaQuinton Ross (15); and Amedeo Della Valle (11).
• The Buckeyes ended the first half of play on a 23-10 run. Ohio State went on to score on five of its first six possessions in the second half, extending the run to 33-13.
• The largest lead for the Buckeyes was 45 points, posted with 2:18 remaining in the game.
• Ohio State scored 24 points off of 14 Chicago State turnovers
• The Buckeyes held a 39-24 advantage in bench points. The OSU bench has outscored opponents 257-138 this season.
• Ohio State controlled the paint, holding a 48-22 rebound advantage, 40-10 points in the paint advantage, and a 12-0 edge in second chance points.
• The Buckeyes also maintained a scoring advantage on the fast break, 23-4.
• As a ranked team (AP), No. 10 Ohio State is 436-118 all-time. Ohio State is 315-69 when ranked in the Top 10.
• Matta is 231-67 during his career at Ohio State and 333-98 overall as a head coach.
• In his nine seasons as Ohio State head coach, Matta has compiled a 77-3 record against non-conference opponents at home and a 118-22 record overall against non-conference foes. His teams have never failed to win at least 10 non-Big Ten games.
• In games following a loss, Matta is 50-17 overall.
• Under Matta, Ohio State is 7-2 in games following the Christmas holiday.
• Matta is 3-0 vs. the Great West Conference at OSU.
• During the Matta era at Ohio State, the Buckeyes have a record of 199-21 vs. unranked opponents. Over the last three years, the Buckeyes are 62-1 vs. unranked foes.
• Ohio State owns a 145-13 home record during the Matta era. The Buckeyes are 63-4 in Columbus over the past four seasons.
• Led Ohio State with 17 points.
• With 1,134 points, Thomas moves to No. 37 on the all-time scoring list at Ohio State. He needs five points to pass Jamaal Brown for thirty-sixth all-time.
• Tied a personal best with four assists for the game.
• Has scored in double figures in all 12 games this season.
• With 10 points vs. the Cougars, Craft surpassed the 700-career mark. He now owns a total of 709 points as a Buckeye.
• Recorded one steal against the Cougars. He has 190 for his career, good for No. 3 all-time in Ohio State history. David Lighty (2007-11) is No. 2 with 191. Jay Burson (1986-89) is Ohio State's career leader with 204.
• Collected six assists for the game, moving to No. 7 on the all-time list at Ohio State with 415 for his career. He needs five assists to pass Ron Stokes for sixth.
AMEDEO DELLA VALLE
• Scored 11 points, a career high.
• Connected on a career-best three 3-point field goals.
• In his 41st game as a Buckeye, Williams recorded his first career start.
• Surpassed 100 career points with four vs. Chicago State (102).
• Collected a career-high 10 rebounds, seven of which were on defense end of the court.
• Has recorded at least one steal in 10-consecutive games.
• Tied a career high with three assists.