Mich. man, dog die of suspected CO poisoning - 13abc.com Toledo (OH) News, Weather and Sports

Mich. man, dog die of suspected CO poisoning

Posted: Updated:
Courtesy: WXYZ Courtesy: WXYZ

The arctic blast turned deadly in Michigan. Police say a furnace was likely the cause of death in Detroit.

Authorities found a man and his dog dead inside a home Wednesday.

Investigators believe carbon monoxide leaking from the faulty furnace poisoned the pair.

The 54-year-old man's name has not yet been released.

Firefighters say the home did not have a carbon monoxide detector.

  • Top StoriesMore>>

  • FBI charges 26 people for selling heroin

    FBI charges 26 people for selling heroin

    Reporter Alexis Means has details on a major FBI drug bust in Toledo.

    Reporter Alexis Means has details on a major FBI drug bust in Toledo.

  • Police investigate shooting at downtown strip club

    Police investigate shooting at downtown strip club

    Thursday, August 21 2014 8:01 AM EDT2014-08-21 12:01:14 GMT
    Toledo police are investigating a shooting at a downtown strip club. It happened just before one a.m. at Chez Joey gentleman's club on the 700 block of Monroe Street. Detectives say at least one person was
    Toledo police are investigating a shooting at a downtown strip club.  
  • Recycling services see major increase in water bottles

    Recycling services see major increase in water bottles

    Toledo and surrounding areas are still feeling the impact from the water crisis. During the height of the crisis, residents were worried about getting their hands on bottled water. Now all those extra bottles are causing extra waste. 13abc's Kristi Leigh has the story.

Area Events Calendar

See It, Shoot It, Send It!