Village Green Mobile Home Park still underwater - 13abc.com Toledo (OH) News, Weather and Sports

Village Green Mobile Home Park still underwater

Posted: Updated:

It's a story we first told you about Sunday night. There's still no relief for people who live in the Village Green Mobile Home Park off Reitz road in Perrysburg Township.

The mobile home park is flooded.  Flood water and ice have overtaken the streets. The owners are trying to pump out some of the water, but they admit that it may not help.      

"The ditches can't handle the water. The only way to handle getting the water out of here would be to open up the ditches. Until the county makes it wider, this is going to happen to us every time," says owner Jim Knightingale.  

Kelvin Smith lives near the front of the park. He had a little trouble getting out, but he says it's is nothing new.

"I've been here 20 years with the drains being flooded there's no where for it to go. There's not a lot they can do," he says.

Our crew couldn't drive back to the area where residents say the water level is knee deep and now iced over, but a 13abc viewer sent us pictures. One shows a truck that we're told is frozen in place. There are huge chunks of ice about the size of a surfboard throughout the mobile home park. One man says he can't even get to his home.

"Yeah they're trying to drain it in the ditches but they're going to have a problem because the ditches are even flooded out. Its going to come back up again. You still got all of this snow it's still going to flood out and they are going to have the issue again," says resident Matthew Paseff. 

"We have skid loader that we've been using to lift up the ice break it and put in a pile so we are slowing but surely getting there," says manager Kyle Galton.  

People who live in the mobile home park are concerned about getting to work, getting their kids to school and the possibility of more snow coming. The managers are concerned about safety.

"We rented a van and we are bring folks back and forth so they don't have to drive through the water," says Galton.

  • LocalMore>>

  • 4,000 pounds of potato salad destroyed at German American Festival

    4,000 pounds of potato salad destroyed at German American Festival

    Friday, August 22 2014 8:58 AM EDT2014-08-22 12:58:18 GMT
    Four-thousand pounds of potato salad, sauerkraut, and packets of sour cream for potato pancakes were destroyed in a trailer fire at the German American Festival in Oregon.Fire crews say the generator overheated and caught on fire around 6 a.m. Friday morning.
    Four-thousand pounds of potato salad, sauerkraut, and packets of sour cream for potato pancakes were destroyed in a trailer fire at the German American Festival in Oregon.Fire crews say the generator overheated and caught on fire around 6 a.m. Friday morning.
  • Sylvania estimates water crisis cost $1.5M in lost revenue

    Sylvania estimates water crisis cost $1.5M in lost revenue

    Thursday, August 21 2014 11:05 PM EDT2014-08-22 03:05:51 GMT
    The Sylvania Chamber of Commerce estimates businesses lost a total of nearly $1.5 million dollars in economic revenue during the three-day water ban.
    The Sylvania Chamber of Commerce estimates businesses lost a total of nearly $1.5 million dollars in economic revenue during the three-day water ban.
  • Customers stock up on water cases after rumors of another ban

    Customers stock up on water cases after rumors of another ban

    Thursday, August 21 2014 10:21 PM EDT2014-08-22 02:21:26 GMT
    Hannah Ogden decided she wasn't going to take any chances on the water. She bought two 24-pack cases Thursday evening after hearing rumors that Toledo was going back under a ban."It wasn't hectic like that or anything like it was the previous time, but the entire aisle where the water normally is was empty," says Ogden.Over at The Andersons Store on Talmadge Road, shelves were nearly two-thirds full. While the city never issued a warning or advisory, it didn't stop some customers from buying ...
    Hannah Ogden decided she wasn't going to take any chances on the water. She bought two 24-pack cases Thursday evening after hearing rumors that Toledo was going back under a ban."It wasn't hectic like that or anything like it was the previous time, but the entire aisle where the water normally is was empty," says Ogden.Over at The Andersons Store on Talmadge Road, shelves were nearly two-thirds full. While the city never issued a warning or advisory, it didn't stop some customers from buying ...
  • Top StoriesMore>>

  • 4,000 pounds of potato salad destroyed at German American Festival

    4,000 pounds of potato salad destroyed at German American Festival

    Friday, August 22 2014 8:58 AM EDT2014-08-22 12:58:18 GMT
    Four-thousand pounds of potato salad, sauerkraut, and packets of sour cream for potato pancakes were destroyed in a trailer fire at the German American Festival in Oregon.Fire crews say the generator overheated and caught on fire around 6 a.m. Friday morning.
    Four-thousand pounds of potato salad, sauerkraut, and packets of sour cream for potato pancakes were destroyed in a trailer fire at the German American Festival in Oregon.Fire crews say the generator overheated and caught on fire around 6 a.m. Friday morning.
  • Christie heading to Ohio in September

    Christie heading to Ohio in September

    Gov. Chris Christie has added another politically important state to his fundraising tour for fellow GOP candidates.
    Gov. Chris Christie has added another politically important state to his fundraising tour for fellow GOP candidates.
  • TFD responds to electrical fire

    TFD responds to electrical fire

    Friday, August 22 2014 6:29 AM EDT2014-08-22 10:29:40 GMT
    Toledo Fire and Rescue crews responded to an electrical fire at a two story duplex. It happened around 5:20a.m. on the 700 block of Indiana Ave. Chief on scene says fire started in the middle bedroom
    Toledo Fire and Rescue crews responded to an electrical fire at a two story duplex. It happened around 520a.m. on the 700 block of Indiana Ave. Chief on scene says fire started in the middle bedroom due to problems with the homes electrical wiring. There were four people living upstairs and two living in the downstairs unit. No injuries are being reported. Th

Area Events Calendar

See It, Shoot It, Send It!