The NCAA has revealed its bracket for the 2014 Women's Basketball Championship and Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, Arizona State and Robert Morris will be coming to Savage Arena.
The No. 8 seed Commodores (18-12) and No. 9 seed Sun Devils (22-9) will square off in the first round of the South Bend Region on Saturday, March 22 at 11:00 a.m. on ESPN2, followed by the No. 1 seed Fighting Irish (32-0) and No. 16 seed Colonials (21-11) at 1:30 p.m. on ESPN.
The winners of those two matchups will then compete for a spot in the ‘Sweet 16' on Monday, March 24 at 6:30 p.m.
All three games will be broadcast on the ESPN Family of Networks with Beth Mowins providing the play-by-play and former UT women's basketball assistant coach Stephanie White serving as the analyst.
Undefeated Notre Dame captured both the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) regular season and tournament championships in the program's inaugural season in the conference, posting a 19-0 record against league foes to become the first non-charter member ever to run the table in league play. By winning the ACC crown, second-ranked Notre Dame earned the conference's automatic berth into the 2014 NCAA Championship under head coach Muffet McGraw.
A member of the Southeastern Conference (SEC), Vanderbilt received an at-large bid to the tournament and has won at least one postseason game in 10 of the past 11 seasons. The Commodores have made 15 straight appearances in the ‘Big Dance', including 12 straight since the arrival of head coach Melanie Balcomb in 2002.
A member of the Pacific 12 Conference (Pac-12), Arizona State received an at-large bid to the tourney and will make its ninth appearance in the ‘Big Dance' under head coach Charli Turner Thorne. Picked to finish ninth (media) and 10th (coaches) in the Pac-12's preseason polls, the Sun Devils surpassed the expectations of most and finished fourth in the league.
A member of the Northeast Conference (NEC), Robert Morris earned the league's automatic bid to the NCAA Championship of the first time since 2008 after winning its tourney title under head coach Sal Buscaglia.
All-Session Tickets or Single-Session Tickets for the tournament may be purchased at the UT Athletic Ticket Office, online at utrockets.com or by calling 419-530-GOLD (4653). The ticket office is open from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. during the week. The UT Athletic Ticket Office is located in the Sullivan Athletic Complex at Savage Arena.
$36 Lower Bowl Reserved
$24 Upper Bowl Reserved/Bleachers
$12 UT/College Student*
$20 Lower Bowl Reserved
$14 Adult Upper Bowl Reserved/Bleachers
$7 Youth Upper Bowl Reserved/Bleachers
$7 UT/College Student*
* - Must show college ID at UT ticket office. One ID per student and one ticket per ID. Price is not available online or over the phone.
- Payment may be made by cash, check, money order, Visa or Mastercard.
- Tickets may not be refunded or exchanged.
- To request disability seating, you must contact the Savage Arena Box Office.
- Every person, regardless of age, must have a ticket to enter the facility.
- Unless specifically authorized by the NCAA, tickets may not be offered in a commercial promotion or as a prize in a sweepstakes or contest.
- Tickets may not be sold above face value.
- For more information, call 419-530-GOLD (4653).
- All-session tickets allow admission to all three games.