2-year-old killed by car in Ohio parking lot - 13abc.com Toledo (OH) News, Weather and Sports

2-year-old killed by car in Ohio parking lot

Posted: Updated:

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - Police say a 2-year-old boy died after being hit by a pizza-delivery car while running across a parking lot of a central Ohio apartment complex.

A Columbus police report said Logan Gonzales-Romero was critically injured after running into the path of the car Sunday night at a complex on the north side of the city. They say he could have been running toward an ice cream truck that was in the area.

He died later at a hospital.

The driver stopped afterward. Police say the investigation is continuing.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • Top StoriesMore>>

  • 4,000 pounds of potato salad destroyed at German American Festival

    4,000 pounds of potato salad destroyed at German American Festival

    Friday, August 22 2014 7:17 AM EDT2014-08-22 11:17:25 GMT
    Four-thousand pounds of potato salad, sauerkraut, and packets of sour cream for potato pancakes were destroyed in a trailer fire at the German American Festival in Oregon.Fire crews say the generator overheated and caught on fire around 6 a.m. Friday morning.
    Four-thousand pounds of potato salad, sauerkraut, and packets of sour cream for potato pancakes were destroyed in a trailer fire at the German American Festival in Oregon.Fire crews say the generator overheated and caught on fire around 6 a.m. Friday morning.
  • TFD responds to electrical fire

    TFD responds to electrical fire

    Friday, August 22 2014 6:29 AM EDT2014-08-22 10:29:40 GMT
    Toledo Fire and Rescue crews responded to an electrical fire at a two story duplex. It happened around 5:20a.m. on the 700 block of Indiana Ave. Chief on scene says fire started in the middle bedroom
    Toledo Fire and Rescue crews responded to an electrical fire at a two story duplex. It happened around 520a.m. on the 700 block of Indiana Ave. Chief on scene says fire started in the middle bedroom due to problems with the homes electrical wiring. There were four people living upstairs and two living in the downstairs unit. No injuries are being reported. Th
  • Customers stock up on water cases after rumors of another ban

    Customers stock up on water cases after rumors of another ban

    Thursday, August 21 2014 10:21 PM EDT2014-08-22 02:21:26 GMT
    Hannah Ogden decided she wasn't going to take any chances on the water. She bought two 24-pack cases Thursday evening after hearing rumors that Toledo was going back under a ban."It wasn't hectic like that or anything like it was the previous time, but the entire aisle where the water normally is was empty," says Ogden.Over at The Andersons Store on Talmadge Road, shelves were nearly two-thirds full. While the city never issued a warning or advisory, it didn't stop some customers from buying ...
    Hannah Ogden decided she wasn't going to take any chances on the water. She bought two 24-pack cases Thursday evening after hearing rumors that Toledo was going back under a ban."It wasn't hectic like that or anything like it was the previous time, but the entire aisle where the water normally is was empty," says Ogden.Over at The Andersons Store on Talmadge Road, shelves were nearly two-thirds full. While the city never issued a warning or advisory, it didn't stop some customers from buying ...

Area Events Calendar

See It, Shoot It, Send It!