Advertisement

Apartment complex fire in Monroe leaves families homeless on Easter

Published: Apr. 4, 2021 at 4:00 PM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

MONROE, Mich. (WTVG) - Multiple families in Monroe were displaced from their homes and four people were injured in an apartment complex fire Sunday morning.

Monroe City Fire and Monroe Township Fire responded to a structure fire at the Greenwood Townhomes complex in Monroe, Michigan, around 2:30 a.m. Sunday. Dozens of first responders worked to put out the fire for several hours. Natural gas was spewing as firefighters worked to put out the flames, and the utility company had to come shut off the gas line.

All of the residents got out of the apartment complex, but four people were taken to the hospital for minor injuries. The building is blocked off to all residents and the American Red Cross is working to help the affected families.

Copyright 2021 WTVG. All rights reserved.