Man taken to hospital after fire in South Toledo
TOLEDO, Ohio (WTVG) - One man was taken to the hospital after a fire at the Arbor Landings Apartments on Thursday morning in South Toledo.
Crews were called to the apartments around 4:00 a.m. after the fire broke out in the first floor of a building in the 1100 block of Brookview Drive.
The building was evacuated due to heavy smoke.
Multiple residents were treated on the scene for smoke inhalation and one man was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries, according to Toledo Fire and Rescue.
The fire was an accident caused by someone leaving their cooking unattended, TFRD said in a statement. It’s estimating the losses at $34,000.
Officials said firewalls protected residents on both sides of the apartment.
No firefighters were hurt in the rescue.
Copyright 2021 WTVG. All rights reserved.