Central Catholic to enhance school security measures on campus
TOLEDO, Ohio (WTVG) - Central catholic released an updated statement regarding school safety on Thursday.
The updated policies are listed below and will be enforced at Friday’s football game:
- Security will be using wands to screen all spectators BEFORE entering Gallagher Stadium.
- Purses will be searched.
- Large bags and backpacks are prohibited.
- Ticket sales will be closed 30 minutes after the competition begins.
- There will be no entry after halftime even if you purchased a ticket.
- Face masks must be taken down when entering the facility. Please note, face masks can be worn after entering, but they must be down when going through the gates.
- The parking lot is to be cleared 45 minutes after the end of the competition.
- All students must be picked up on Irish Drive.
In a previous statement released by the school on Wednesday, school officials said they are prepared to update their safety procedures as necessary.
“At Central Catholic High School, the safety of our students and the Fighting Irish fans is of utmost importance,” said CCHS. “Our safety precautions at campus athletic events and other activities continue to evolve as necessary.”
According to CCHS, in light of recent events, the school will be enhancing security on campus in multiple ways and will also provide additional education to increase preparation for the school’s personnel in the event of an emergency.
The statement came just days after a shooting that took place outside the Whitmer High School stadium on Oct. 7 during a football game between Central Catholic and Whitmer.
“We want everyone who visits our campus to experience a secure environment, and we need the support and cooperation of our visitors to help us meet this goal,” CCHS says. “We ask that if you see or hear something unusual, please report it to someone in charge. It will take everyone working together to make safety a top priority.
To view the full statement further outlining these changes, visit the school’s YouTube channel.
See a spelling or grammar error in our story? Please include the title when you click here to report it.
Copyright 2022 WTVG. All rights reserved.