Watch 13abc’s 2022 Midterm Election coverage, see race calls here
TOLEDO, Ohio (WTVG) - 13abc’s team of reporters are stationed across the state to bring you live updates from inside campaign watch parties for the biggest races in Ohio.
Our special Election Night coverage streams live on our website, news app, streaming platforms, and Facebook page starting at 7:00 p.m. and continues throughout the evening. The livestream is embedded in this story. Search 13abc Action News on your Roku, Fire TV, and Apple TV apps. We’ll be back on the air on 13abc to check in with reporters throughout the evening and our Election Night newscast begins at 11:00 p.m.
OHIO STATEWIDE CANDIDATES:
- Republican JD Vance wins Ohio’s U.S. Senate seat over Democratic Congressman Tim Ryan
- Republican Gov. Mike DeWine wins reelection in Ohio’s gubernatorial race against Democrat Nan Whaley.
- Republican Dave Yost wins reelection in Ohio Attorney General race against Democrat Jeffrey Crossman.
- Republican Frank LaRose wins reelection in Ohio Secretary of State race against Democrat Chelsea Clark and Independent Terpsehore Tore Maras.
- Republican Keith Faber wins reelection in Ohio Auditor race against Democrat Taylor Sappington.
- Republican Robert Sprague wins reelection in Ohio Treasurer race against Democrat Scott Schertzer.
- Republican Sharon Kennedy wins Ohio Supreme Court Chief Justice seat against Democrat Jennifer Brunner.
- Republican Pat Fischer wins Ohio’s Supreme Court seat for the term starting on Jan. 1 against Democrat Terri Jamison.
- Republican Pat DeWine wins Ohio’s Supreme Court seat for the term starting on Jan. 2 against Democrat Marilyn Zayas
- Democrat Joyce Beatty wins reelection to U.S. House in Ohio’s 3rd Congressional District against Republican Lee Stahley.
- Republican Bob Latta wins reelection to U.S. House in Ohio’s 5th Congressional District against Democrat Craig Swartz.
- Republican Jim Jordan wins reelection to U.S. House in Ohio’s 4th Congressional District against Democrat Tamie Wilson.
- Democratic Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur won her race for Ohio’s 9th Congressional District against Republican JR Majewski.
- Republican Derek Merrin wins Ohio’s 42nd House District over Democrat Erika White.
- Democrat Michele Grim wins Ohio’s 43rd State House District over Republican Wendi Hendricks.
- Democrat Elgin Rogers wins the race in Ohio’s 44th State House District against Republican Roy Palmer.
- Republican Haraz Ghanbari wins his race in Ohio’s 75th State House District against Democrat Jan Materni.
- Republican Roy Klopfenstein wins Ohio’s 82nd State House District over Democrat Magdalene Markward.
- Republican Jon Cross wins Ohio’s 83rd House District over Democrat Claire Osborne.
- Republican Gary Click wins Ohio’s 88th State House District over Democrat Dianne Selvey.
- Republican D.J. Swearingen wins Ohio’s 89th State House District over Democrat Jim Obergefell.
- Democrat Paula Hicks-Hudson wins Ohio’s 11th State Senate District over Republican Tony Dia.
- Democrat Lisa Sobecki won the race for Lucas County Commissioner over Republican John Jennewine.
- Democrat Michael Ashford won the race for Lucas County Recorder over Republican John Rozic.
- Lori Olender won the race for Judge of the Court of Common Pleas over Meira Zucker.
- Linda Knepp won the race for Judge of the Juvenile Court of Common Pleas over Vallie Bowman-English.
- Voters approved a property tax renewal for Toledo Metroparks.
- Voters approved a property tax renewal for Imagination Station.
- Voters approved a property tax renewal for the Toledo-Lucas County Library District.
- Voters approved a measure make 12 changes to the Toledo City charter, including allowing Toledo mayors to serve up to three consecutive terms instead of two, increasing the budget the administration can spend without council approval, and allowing repairs to unimproved roads. You can read the full listing of the amendments here.
- Find other results on local ballot issues here.
OHIO STATEWIDE ISSUES:
- Voters approved Ohio’s Issue 1 on changing bail determinations. Read the full ballot language here.
- Voters approved Ohio’s Issue 2 on requiring citizenship to vote. Read the full ballot language here.
MICHIGAN STATEWIDE ISSUES:
- ABC News projects Michigan’s ballot proposal on reproductive rights will be adopted by voters. Read the full ballot language here.
- Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) wins reelection bid for governor in Michigan over Tudor Dixon (R).
Copyright 2022 WTVG. All rights reserved.