Glass City Metropark to open Friday
TOLEDO, Ohio (WTVG) - The Glass City Metropark is opening this Friday and Metroparks Toledo is celebrating with a multitude of activities.
Metroparks Toledo says the Glass City Metropark, phase 2, will open with a dedication celebration on June 9 at 11 a.m. at Market Hall located at 1505 Front St. The ceremony will feature multiple speakers and it will all lead up to the official opening of the park.
The Mini-Maumee Discovery Play Area allows visitors to immerse themselves in a scaled map of the Maumee River. With a waterfall located at the base visitors can navigate their way through the miniaturized waterways of the river.
The weekend will also feature the following activities:
- Opening Night Celebration Concert featuring Nikki D & the Sisters of Thunder
- June 9 at 7:30 p.m.
- Giveaways and prizes (while supplies last)
- June 10 at 11 a.m.
- Volunteers will be stationed throughout the park to guide visitors through their first experience at the playgrounds and other features
- Skating at The Ribbon
- June 10 at 7 p.m.
- The first skating party of the summer at The Ribbon will feature music by DJ Folk.
- Free admission
- Roller skates and inline skates will be available to rent
- Outdoor Expo
- June 11 from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- The community is invited to try kayaking, rock climbing, mountain biking and other outdoor skills. There will be activities for adults and kids.
See a spelling or grammar error in our story? Please include the title when you click here to report it.
Copyright 2023 WTVG. All rights reserved.