Tiffin man dies one week after racing fuel explosion ignited by lit cigarette
TIFFIN, Ohio (WTVG) - A 43-year-old man has died due to injuries suffered in an explosion on September 9.
Tiffin Police confirmed on September 15 that the man accidentally ignited the explosion through a lit cigarette in his mouth while he was pouring racing fuel on a stack of wood on the 100 block of Bobb Street.
The accident occurred around 4 a.m.
The man was treated on scene and then airlifted to a hospital in Cleveland due to the severity of his injuries.
See a spelling or grammar error in our story? Please include the title when you click here to report it.
Copyright 2023 WTVG. All rights reserved.