Woman sentenced for role in missing, murdered Toledo teens case
Note: The attached video previously aired.
TOLEDO, Ohio (WTVG) - One of nearly a dozen people charged in connection to the kidnapping and murder of two Toledo teens whose remains were found in a burned-down home was sentenced for her role in the case on Wednesday.
Judge Gary Cook sentenced Crystal Laforge-Yingling Wednesday to 270 days at the Corrections Center of Northwest Ohio and three years of probation for Obstructing Justice, according to a bailiff at the Lucas County Court of Common Pleas.
Court records show Laforge-Yingling was convicted after entering a no contest plea to an Obstructing Justice charge, a third-degree felony, on Oct. 23. She was among the first to be charged in connection to the disappearance of Toledo teens Kyshawn Pittman and Ke’Marion Wilder, who were last seen on December 3, 2022.
Police records say Laforge-Yingling, along with Carissa Eames and Corbin Gingrich, were brought in for questioning in the case on December 13 of last year. Police said they lied about the whereabouts of people involved with the disappearance of the teens. Detectives said they had phone and video evidence that showed they were lying.
Nearly two weeks after the boys were reported missing, investigators found the remains of the boys in the rubble of a burned-down home on Chase Street on Dec. 15. Officials with Toledo Fire and Rescue said the vacant home went up in flames in the early hours of Dec. 5, 2022, the same day the boys were reported missing. Investigators determined it was a case of arson.
Two juveniles were found guilty in the case. A 14-year-old was convicted of two counts of Felonious Assault and sentenced to two years in a juvenile detention center. A 17-year-old was convicted of Obstructing Justice and sentenced to serve at least six months in a juvenile detention center. The two juveniles were originally facing murder and kidnapping charges.
Another woman, Diamond Rivera, was convicted of an Obstructing Justice charge in June.
- Previous coverage:
- Woman found guilty of obstruction charge in missing, murdered Toledo teens case
- Juvenile suspects convicted in case of kidnapped, murdered Toledo teens
- Woman found guilty in connection to kidnapping, murder of two Toledo teens
- Juveniles charged in kidnapping, murder of Toledo teens close to plea deal
- Latest suspect charged in kidnapping, murder of Toledo teens pleads not guilty
- Latest suspect in kidnapping, murder of Toledo teens indicted
- 11th suspect arrested, charged in murder of Toledo teens
- Four accused of murder in disappearance, death of Toledo teens back in court
- SOR bonds continued for women facing obstruction charges in kidnapping, murder of missing teens
- Five suspects plead not guilty to charges in kidnapping, murder of Toledo teens
- Prosecutors look to try minors arrested in case of murdered Toledo teens as adults
- TPD: Two murder suspects in case of kidnapped Toledo teens have criminal records
- Ten facing charges in kidnapping, murder of Toledo teens found in burned-down home
- The Northriver community reacts to the murder of the two missing teenagers
- Suspect now charged with murder after coroner identifies bodies of missing Toledo teens
- Coroner: Cause of death still under investigation for missing Toledo teens found in burned home
- The families of the two missing Toledo teens speak out
- FBI finds human remains at burned-down home, charges filed in case of missing Toledo teens
- TPD arrests three in connection with the kidnapping of two Toledo juveniles
Copyright 2023 WTVG. All rights reserved.