Dog dies during pet event with fireworks at Mud Hens game
The Toledo Mud Hens confirm a dog died during a pet event and fireworks display at Fifth-Third Field Friday night.
The ball club issued the following statement:
"Any words seem inadequate in expressing our sympathy at the loss of a doggie family member following our Paws and Pints event last night. The entire organization is heartbroken that a lovely evening ended so sadly. We are in agreement with the community that in the future, no dog-friendly events will be held in conjunction with fireworks. With our mission to provide family-friendly events to our community, we work hard to do our best, but this time we fell short. As a symbol of our sympathy, we will be making a memorial contribution to an animal charity of the family’s choice."