(WTVG) - School districts and organizations across the area are offering lunches to children and students as they are away from school.
If your organization is offering free lunches to students or families during this time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details; please include LUNCH LIST in your subject line.
TOLEDO PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Buildings will be open beginning March 18 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. The following buildings will be open for grab-and-go breakfast and lunches:
Bowsher High School (attendance office entrance)
Jones Leadership Academy (main entrance)
Rogers High School (main entrace)
Scott High School (attendance office entrance)
Start High School (cafeteria door entrance)
TTA/DeVilbiss High School (main entrance)
Waite High School (career center entrance)
Woodward High School (main entrance)
PLEASE NOTE: In order to prepare enough meals each day, parents and guardians must call The United Way of Greater Toledo's 2-1-1 line at least 48 hours ahead to confirm the dates for breakfast and/or lunch for their students.
On April 5, TPS implemented some changes for the middle of April.
McKinley Elementary Food Distribution Site
Beginning Monday, April 6, 2020, meal service at McKinley Elementary will be available only on Mondays between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. At that time, families will receive five-days-worth of meals.
Spring Break Schedule
Toledo Public Schools is scheduled to be on Spring Break for the week of April 13, 2020. Meals will be served on the following dates during that week:
• Thursday, April 9: All food distribution sites, except McKinley, will provide two-days-worth of meals to each student
• Friday, April 10: All food sites will be closed in observance of Good Friday
• Monday, April 13: All food distribution sites, except McKinley, will provide two-days- worth of meals to each student
• Tuesday, April 14: All food distribution sites will be closed
• Wednesday, April 15: All food distribution sites, except McKinley, will provide three-days-worth of meals
• Thursday, April 16 and Friday, April 17: All food sites will be closed
• Monday, April 20: The current schedule will resume
Sylvania Schools will continue providing meals for students when remote learning resumes after spring break.
Grab-and-go meals will include breakfast and lunch. They'll be available for pickup on Wednesdays and Fridays. Pickup times and locations are:
• Central Trail Elementary: 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
• Hill View Elementary: 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
• Northview High School: 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
Families are asked to complete the online food survey to help the district plan for food preparation. The Sylvania Schools COVID-19 page has a food service link that includes details, order form, and a link to apply for free and reduced-price meals.
Families are asked to complete the online food survey to help the district plan food preparation. Sylvania Schools COVID-19 webpage has a “Food Service” link that includes details, the order form, and a link to apply for free and reduced-price meals.
A district food service hotline number has been established at 419-824-8784. Families can also email questions to email@example.com.
UPDATE: The Washington Local Schools meal program will begin meal distribution every other week beginning Tuesday, April 21.
Meals will be available at Whitmer High School Field House from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. on every other Tuesday. Meals will also be available on the same bus routes on the same days as the high school distribution.
Any child age 18 and young is eligible to receive a meal bag, even if they are not a Washington Local student. Meal bags will contain 20 meals -- 10 breakfasts, 10 lunches.
Due to high demand, there will be a limit of two bags per car. If there is a need for more, please contact the Counseling Helpline at 419-407-4020.
IMAGINE CLAY, MADISON
Imagine Clay will be serving lunch for children ages 18 and younger, from 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. Please use the front door entrance.
SOFIA QUINTERO ART & CULTURAL CENTER
The SQACC will be giving out 100 free lunches to students at 12 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday.
Lunches can be picked up at the Event Center, 1225 Broadway St., Toledo.
OTHER PICK-UP SITES
Toledo, Ohio 43604
Monday, 10:30a-12:30p – 5 Day pick-up
Wildwood Environmental Academy (this location is near intersection of Airport Highway & Holland by St John’s Jesuit close to Rogers HS & Springfield HS)
Maumee, Ohio 43537
Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 11:00a-12:00p
3891 Martha Ave.
Toledo, Ohio 43612
Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 12:00p-1:00p
2740 W. Central Ave.
Toledo, Ohio 43606
Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 1:00p-3:00p
Toledo, Ohio 43610
Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 11:00a-1:00p
Queen of Apostles
235 Courtland Dr.
Toledo, Ohio 43609
Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 11:00a-1:00p
DUNDEE COMMUNITY SCHOOLS
Children ages 18 and under can receive a free lunch every weekday at their bus stop. A child does not need to attend the schools to qualify for the lunches.
In addition to bus stop pickups, a grab-and-go location will be available at Dundee High School.
YMCA OF GREATER TOLEDO
Three are reopening Friday to serve the community as grab-and-go food stations.
The branches will provide free meals for youth under the age of 18. Parents interested in the service should call The United Way's 2-1-1 number to reserve their meals.
Meals can be picked up Monday through Friday between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. at the following branches:
• Eastern Community YMCA (2960 Pickle Rd., Oregon)
• Wayman D. Palmer Community YMCA (2053 N. 14th St., Toledo)
• Wolf Creek YMCA (2100 S. Holland-Sylvania Rd., Maumee)
The following community centers are offering free meals to children under the age of 18, Parents are asked to call 2-1-1 to make sure the staffs can get an accurate count of who needs meals.
• Agape, 225 S Irwin Rd, Holland, 43528 - Main Entrance
• Grace Community Center, 406 W Delaware Ave, Toledo, 43610 - Main Entrance
• Mareda Outreach Center, 233 Page St, Toledo, 43620 - Main Entrance
• Padua Center, 1416 Nebraska Ave, Toledo, 43607 - Main Entrance
• Church of Grace, 2730 Fulton St, Toledo, 43610 - Main Entrance
The following library branches are offering free meals to children under the age of 18, Parents are asked to call 2-1-1 to make sure the staffs can get an accurate count of who needs meals.
• Birmingham Library, 203 Paine Ave, Toledo, 43605 – Parking Lot
• Holland Library, 1032 McCord Rd., Holland, 43528 – Parking Lot
• Kent Library, 3101 Collingwood, Toledo, 43610 – Parking Lot
• Lagrange Library, 3422 Lagrange St, Toledo, 43608 – Parking Lot
• Locke Library, 703 Miami St, Toledo, 43605 – Parking Lot
• Mott Library, 1010 Dorr St., Toledo, 43607 – Parking Lot
• Oregon Library, 3340 Dustin Rd., Oregon, 43616 – Parking Lot
• South Library, 1736 Broadway St, 43609 – Parking Lot
• Washington Library, 5560 Harvest Ln, 43623 – Parking Lot
• West Toledo Library, 1320 Sylvania Ave, 43612 – Parking Lot
Perrysburg Schools will be providing breakfast and lunch to students on Monday, March 30. Students will receive a week's worth of breakfast and lunches and can pick up via a car line at Toth Elementary.
Last names A-L pickup is between 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., and last names M-Z pick up is between 12:30-1:30 p.m., however these times are flexible.
Please follow this link to RSVP for this service.