Groomer's husband charged with shooting, killing four dogs in Bryan

Published: Jun. 4, 2019 at 6:24 PM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

4 dogs were allegedly shot dead in Williams County at the home of a woman who cares for dogs for a living. The man charged with killing the animals is her husband.

This incident did not happen at Theresa Taylor's grooming business but she's back at work trying to find some normalcy after what she calls a horrible tragedy.

Dogs are a major part of Theresa Taylor's life. They're her work and she had three dogs at home. They're gone now after an incident Sunday morning with her husband Philip Taylor.

She says when she got home, he threatened to kill her so she left.

"He just kept texting me and telling me that he was killing my dogs and if I wanted to save them I'd have to come back and let him take me," said Theresa Taylor.

That's when Philip Taylor allegedly shot and killed Princess, Topaz, Skylar and Lilly who was a client's pet that the Taylor's would dogsit at their home some weekends.

Lilly belonged to the Beck family. She acted as a therapy dog for Randy Beck's wife who was hurt in a car accident.

"My wife was just... the compassion I felt for my wife was just unbelievable. She was really upset," said Beck.

"She was like bigger than life here. Even though she was like this big she was bigger than life here," said Theresa Taylor.

Theresa Taylor admits she and her husband have had their issues but nothing like this. He's now charged with a felony of harm to companion animals.

"My heart is still breaking and I'm still a broken person but I have so many good friends. There are so many people that are bringing me up and making me stronger," said Theresa Taylor.

The Beck family wishes they were given a better understanding of the entire situation before they allowed their dog into the Taylor home.

"I wish she would have come and said hey I'm having personal problems. Maybe don't bring the dog in for grooming. Had she done that we wouldn't have brought lily in and she'd be alive today," said Beck.

Philip Taylor appeared in court Monday and was released. The court ordered him not to have contact with his wife and turn over his firearms.