TOLEDO (WTVG) - 13abc, the Salvation Army and the U.S. Marine Corps Reserves (Toys for Tots) are teaming up for another year to support families in our community this holiday season.
This year's annual Hope for the Holiday toy drive kicks off on Nov. 15 and runs through Dec. 13. All collected toys will be given to local families through the Salvation Army and U.S. Marine Corps Reserves (Toys for Tots) programs. Families are selected via an application process, which has wrapped up for the 2019 holiday season.
The joint effort started in 2011, bringing in more than 113,000 toys since its beginning that have been distributed locally.
13abc partners include Arnold's Home Improvement, Dave White Chevrolet and Acura and Jim White Toyota, Key Bank and Gallon, Takacs & Boissoneault to present Hope for the Holidays.
Toys can be dropped off at any of the following locations until Dec. 13, 2019:
• 13abc at 4247 Dorr St. in Toledo
• Salvation Army at 620 N Erie St. in Toledo
• Salvation Army at 1045 N Main St #8 in Bowling Green
• Salvation Army at 301 Center St. in Findlay
• Arnold's Home Improvement at 1770 Tremainsville Rd. in Toledo
• Dave White Chevrolet at 5880 Monroe St. in Sylvania
• Dave White Acura at 5868 Monroe St. in Sylvania
• Jim White Toyota at 6123 Central Ave. in Toledo
• Gallon, Takacs & Boissoneault at 3516 Granite Cir. in Toledo
• Key Bank locations throughout NW Ohio
The annual Hope for the Holidays Drive-Thru Bash is happening on Friday, Dec. 6. It runs all day at 13abc studios in Toledo. That's where you'll find Santa Claus, live entertainment and dozens of special guests.
We're also hosting drive-thru collections at the Salvation Army locations in Bowling Green and Findlay.
Thank you for your support for the Hope for the Holidays toy drive over the years. Your generosity has helped make sure children in our community have gifts to open on Christmas morning for the past seven years.