TOLEDO, Ohio (WTVG) - Multiple road closures will be in place this weekend throughout Toledo, Sylvania and Ottawa Hills. The closures are to ensure the safety of the more than 9,500 runners participating in the Savage 5k on Saturday, April 27 and the 43rd annual Glass City Marathon, Owens Corning Half Marathon and Yark Subaru 5-Person Relay Marathon on Sunday, April 28.
Here's what you need to know:
April 27 – Savage 5K
• University Hills @ Bancroft (Main Entrance) -- Closed from 9am to 10am
• Douglas from University Hills to Savage Arena lot 4 entrance -- Closed from 9am to 9:15am
• Douglas from Savage Arena lot 4 entrance to Dorr -- Closed from 9am to 9:45am
• East Rocket Drive -- Closed from 9am to 9:45am
• Stadium Drive -- closed from 7:30am to Noon
April 28 – Marathon, Half Marathon, 5-Person Marathon Relay
• 4am – Secor closed between Bancroft and Valleston
• 7am -- Secor closed from Kenwood to Dorr
• 7:30 - 11:00am -- Local traffic only. Secor closed at Bancroft
• 7:00 - 7:45am -- Dorr closed between Byrne and Parkside
• 7:00 - 7:45am -- Southbound lane closed
• 7:00 - 8:30am -- Bancroft closed at University Parks Trail to Parkside
• 7:00 - 11:00am -- Bancroft closed at University Parks Trail to University Hills
• 7:30 - 10:30am -- Richards closed to northbound traffic from Dorr
Ottawa Hills, some roads closed or highly congested, Bancroft closed.
• 7:00 - 11:00am -- Bancroft closed from Secor to University Parks Trail
• 7:00 - 9:15am -- Indian closed between Secor and Talmadge
• Various roads within Ottawa Hills from Talmadge to Exmoor -- controlled traffic from 7:00am to 9:30am
• 7:00 - 10:00am -- Talmadge between Indian and Bancroft
• 7:15 - 9:30am -- Exmoor in Ottawa Hills to the entrance of Wildwood on Central closed
• Hasty Rd from Damascus to Talmadge -- lane restrictions.
• Central Ave from Reynolds to Corey Road -- 7:15am-9:15am.
In Sylvania, road closures and very congested areas with controlled traffic:
• Lane restrictions on Sylvania Avenue from King Road to Corey Road; Avoid from 8:15am to 11:30am.
Heading back into Toledo:
• Corey Road -- Closed
• Corey between Sylvania and Central -- closed 8:15am to 12:30pm
• Corey exit from I-475 -- closed from 8:15am to 12:30pm
• Bancroft and University Parks Trail -- cannot cross trail 7:45am to 12:30pm
• Richards at University Parks Trail -- cannot cross trail 7:45am to 12:30pm