Toledo Father Dies Making Christmas Presents For Kids
A Toledo father lost his life while he was making Christmas presents for his kids. The coroner says 38-year old Kristoffer Staler was trying to use a homemade wood burner when it electrocuted him. Staler was pronounced dead at his East Toledo home.
Neighbors say his two daughters, age 11 and 14, came home from school and found their father in the garage. Neighbor and friend Tommy Austin says "The door opened and all I could hear is them two little girls screaming."
Staler's mother Mary filed for emergency custody of her 3 grandchildren, the two girls and and 18-year old son. "He was making a display to display his son's karate belts. When he graduates in May he's hoping to have his black-belt and Kris was making a display case," says Staler.
The family and friends have set up a go fund me account to raise money to help support the children and pay for funeral expenses. The children's mother passed away three years ago.