Two people hurt in Toledo apartment fire

TOLEDO, Ohio (WTVG) - Two people were injured and a third person was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at a Toledo apartment Sunday morning, according to the Toledo Fire and Rescue Department.

Toledo firefighters responded about 7:30 a.m. to Birmingham Apartments on Birmingham Terrace.

The battalion chief on scene tells 13abc two people inside the apartment were injured, their condition was not known, and a pet cat died in the fire.

The battalion chief says it's believed the fire started after a space heater was left too close to a couch.