Visitors enjoy Maumee Bay despite toxic algae warnings
The Ohio Department of Health issued an advisory Thursday warning visitors to avoid all contact with the water due to unsafe levels of toxic algae.
But that didn't stop everyone Saturday.
Angel Stone from Cincinnati wasn't afraid to swim.
"I've probably been in worse," says Stone.
Others were amazed by swimmers still in the water, feeling more comfortable from the shore.
Patty Richards from Indiana says, "I would dip the kids in antiseptic afterwards."
Larry Norman has been camping with his family here at Maumee Bay State Park all week.
He says the water looked like someone had spilled green paint on Friday.
"This is bad. They gotta do something about this. This is terrible," says Norman.