2018 Masters champion Patrick Reed has committed to play in the Rocket Mortgage Classic.
Reed’s commitment means there are now seven major championship winners in the field: Gary Woodland (2019 U.S. Open), Reed (2018 Masters), Dustin Johnson (2016 U.S. Open), Bubba Watson (2012 Masters, 2014 Masters), Jimmy Walker (2016 PGA Championship) and Jason Dufner (2013 PGA Championship).
Reed is a six-time winner on the PGA TOUR who has played on the last three Ryder Cup teams for the United States. He currently sits at No. 25 in the Official World Golf Rankings and has seven top-25 finishes in 15 tournaments this season.
Reed’s commitment adds to an already impressive field for the inaugural Rocket Mortgage Classic. Among those players are four of the top 25 players in the world rankings and 10 of the top 30 players in the 2018-19 FedExCup standings. The field includes:
• Dustin Johnson - World No. 2, 2016 U.S. Open champion and 20-time PGA TOUR winner
• Woodland – The 2019 U.S. Open winner, who jumped to No. 12 in the world rankings
• Rickie Fowler - Five-time PGA TOUR winner and World No. 14
• Bubba Watson - The 2012 and 2014 Masters champ and 12-time PGA TOUR winner ranked No. 22 in the world
• Top-30 players Kevin Kisner (27th in world) and Hideki Matusyama (28th)
• Former World No. 1 Luke Donald
• Three of the top 10 finishers at the U.S. Open, and four of the top 12 (Woodland, Chez Reavie, Chesson Hadley, Viktor Howland). The RMC field also has three of the top 10 players in the PGA TOUR’s 2018-19 standings as projected after the U.S. Open – Woodland (5), Johnson (6) and Fowler (10).
The Rocket Mortgage Classic will mark the first PGA TOUR ever held in the city of Detroit when it comes to Detroit Golf Club June 25-30. Tickets and more information are available at www.RocketMortgageClassic.com.