The Bowling Green State University track and field team concluded the 2019 regular season Friday at the Len Paddock Invitational, hosted by Michigan. The Falcons used the final meet of the regular season to prepare for the upcoming Mid-American Conference Championships at Ball State beginning Thursday.
• Kelsie Mothersead won the 3000 steeple chase with a season-best time of 11:44.83. She trimmed almost seven seconds off her previous 2019 best.
• Katelyn King set a personal best distance in the discus with a mark of 124-feet-2 (37.86m). That distance was more than a foot further than her previous collegiate PR.
• Rachel Walny placed third in the 3000 with a time of 10:03.62.
• Falcon throwers earned a pair of fifth place finishes as Allie Farmer was fifth in the hammer at 181-6 (55.32m) and Andrea Weirauch placed the same in javelin at 98-6 (30.03m).
FROM COACH LOU SNELLING
• "The team has built good momentum heading into the MAC Championships. There is an opportunity for the program to take a meaningful step forward next week."
• Bowling Green heads to Muncie, Ind. to compete in the three-day MAC Championships beginning Thursday. The Falcons posted 11 MAC automatic qualifying bids during the regular season.
LEN PADDOCK INVITATIONAL
Hammer throw – 5. Allie Farmer 181-6 (55.32m), 13. Katelyn King 136-4 (41.56m)
Long jump – 11. Brianna Richard 16-9.25 (5.11m)
Javelin – 5. Andrea Weirauch 98-6 (30.03m), 8. Katelyn King 79-10 (24.33m)
Discus – 9. Katelyn King 124-2 (37.86m)
Shot put – 11. Ebonie Whitted 42-8.75 (13.02m)
1500 – 14. Allison Holahan 4:51.62
3000 – 3. Rachel Walny 10:03.62
3000 steeple chase – 1. Kelsie Mothersead 11.44.83, 3. Allie Zofkie 12:41.27