The Bowling Green State University track and field team earned three more Mid-American Conference automatic bids Saturday and continued posting performances to rewrite the record books. BGSU competed at the Raleigh Relays, hosted by North Carolina State, and the Texas Relays during the weekend.
The Falcons entered the day with five MAC automatic just a week into the season and almost doubled that total.
MAC AUTO BIDS
• Senior Allie Farmer placed ninth in the hammer throw at the Raleigh Relays with a distance of 181-feet-9 (55.41m). That distance was a personal best for her and earned automatic inclusion for the MAC Outdoor Track & Field Championships.
• Junior Chasatea Brown was less than a second shy of her personal best in the 400 hurdles and earned a MAC auto bid with a time of 60.89 seconds. She was the MAC runner-up in the event a year ago.
• Three-time shot put All-American Aliyah Gustafson competed in the event for the first time during the 2019 outdoor season, easily earning a MAC auto bid and placing third at the Texas Relays with a distance of 52-10.75 (16.12m).
IN THE RECORD BOOKS
• Redshirt freshman Brianna Richard climbed to seventh in program history in the triple jump with a leap of 38-feet-4 (11.68m). In her first outdoor collegiate meet a week ago, she entered the record book in tenth.
• Freshman Ayanna Burrell also moved into the top 10 in program history in the triple jump at tenth with a distance of 37-9.25 (11.51m).
• BGSU's 400 relay team placed fourth at the Raleigh Relays with a time of 46.64 seconds. That time places the squad tenth in BGSU history.
OTHER NOTABLE PERFORMANCES
• Sophomore Savannah Nevels ran the 200 in 24.52 seconds to finish fifth at the Raleigh Relays. She set a personal best with that time.
• Sophomore Ryen Draper was just behind in the 200 with a season-best mark of 24.53 seconds to place sixth at the Raleigh Relays.
• Bowling Green and Toledo will take part in their annual dual meet Friday at Toledo.
RALEIGH RELAYS BGSU RESULTS
Hammer throw – 9. Allie Farmer 181-9 (55.41m), 23. Daija Young 151-3 (46.11m)
Triple jump – 12. Brianna Richard 38-4 (11.68m), 16. Ayanna Burrell 37-9.25 (11.51m)
200 – 5. Savannah Nevels 24.52, 6. Ryen Draper 24.53
400 hurdles – 6. Chasatea Brown 60.89
400 relay – 4. Bowling Green 46.64
TEXAS RELAYS BGSU RESULTS
Discus – 12. Aliyah Gustafson 152-4 (46.44m)
Shot put – 3. Aliyah Gustafson 52-10.75 (16.12m)