GUSTAFSON BACK IN THE RECORD BOOK
• Aliyah Gustafson returned to the record book once again Friday afternoon, posting the third-best performance in the weight throw in school history. Her season-best effort of 67-feet-0.75 (20.44m) was good enough to win the event at Notre Dame.
• Gustafson already holds the school record in the weight throw, but entered the weekend ranked just second in the MAC. Her toss moves her to the top spot in the league, at least temporarily, and into the top 20 in the country.
• Gustafson already ranks first in the MAC in shot put and is No. 3 in the country.
OTHER SEASON AND PERSONAL BESTS
• Allie Farmer also had a season-best mark in the weight throw, placing eighth at 58-feet-8.75 (17.90m). She finished behind teammates Gustafson and Kaila Butler (61-3/18.67m) in the final standings.
• Freshman Iyanna Ross set a new collegiate best in the 60 at 7.82 seconds to place 23rd overall.
• Savannah Nevels finished 18th in the 200 with a season-best time of 25.23 seconds. Mis'cha Sellers followed with a career-fastest time of 25.65 seconds to place 26th.
• Bowling Green is back in action Saturday for the second day of the Meyo Invitational.
MEYO INVITATIONAL (BGSU RESULTS)
Weight throw – 1. Aliyah Gustafson 20.44m (67-0.75), 4. Kaila Butler 18.67m (61-3), 8. Allie Farmer 17.90m (58-8.75), 17. Daija Young 16.74m (54-11.25)
High jump – 16. Stacey Wolverton 1.55m (5-1)
60 – 23. Iyanna Ross 7.82, 26. Savannah Nevels 7.85
200 – 18. Savannah Nevels 25.23, 26. Mis'cha Sellers 25.65