From UT athletics:
CLEVELAND, Ohio - Senior Kaayla McIntyre scored 14 points but it wasn't enough to overcome a hot-shooting Miami team, as Toledo lost to the RedHawks, 72-54, in quarterfinal action of the MAC Women's Basketball Tournament at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland on Wednesday.
No. 3 seed Miami (23-7) shot 27-of-51 (52.9 percent) from the field, including 7-of-17 from three-point range. The guard tandem of junior Lauren Dickerson (21) and senior Leah Purvis (13) combined for 34 points. Miami advanced to the semifinals where it will face No. 2 seed Ohio on Friday.
No. 6 seed Toledo (20-11) shot 19-of-56 (33.9 percent) from the floor. Sophomore Nakiah Black chipped in with 12 points, while senior guard Mikaela Boyd added nine points, eight rebounds and four assists. The Rockets played without the services of junior Mariella Santucci, who missed the game due to illness.
Miami led 18-11 after one quarter and held a 35-24 halftime edge. Toledo closed the gap to seven, 39-32, early in the third quarter but never got any closer after that.
• Miami got off to a hot start, hitting four of its first five shots to take a 10-2 lead. Purvis nailed a pair of three-pointers and a layup in the run.
• Toledo fought back, cutting the lead to 14-9 on a deep two-pointer by Black at the 3:34 mark.
• Miami was up, 18-9, before McIntyre hit a layup at the horn to trim the MU lead to 18-11 at the quarter break.
• Boyd made a three-point play and McIntyre hit back-to-back layups to cut Miami's lead to 20-18.
• Ahead by just two points, the RedHawks outscored UT, 13-4, to close out the half.
• Miami's Baleigh Reid knocked down a put-back at the buzzer to give the RedHawks a 35-24 halftime advantage.
• The RedHawks shot 15-of-29 (51.7%) for the half, while Toledo shot 11-of-29 (37.9%). McIntyre led UT with eight first-half points.
• After Miami extended its lead to 39-26 early in the quarter, Toledo went on a 6-0 run. Junior Sara Rokkanen's triple with 5:52 left trimmed the lead to 39-32 and forced the RedHawks to call timeout.
• A pair of three-pointers by MU's Dickerson pushed the RedHawk advantage to 49-35 with 2:33 left in the quarter. Moments later, Dickerson hit a pull-up jumper off a turnover to make the score 52-35 and force UT to call a timeout.
• Rokkanen hit a layup at the buzzer to trim the lead to 52-39 at the end of three periods.
• Miami's Kendall McCoy nailed a three-pointer to put the RedHawks up, 57-41, with 6:37 left.
• A Black three-pointer trimmed the lead to 59-46 with 4:38 left, but Dickerson countered with a triple of her own and the Rockets would get no closer.
• The Rockets will wait to see if they are selected for post-season play. Pairings for the NCAA Tournament and WNIT come out Monday.