The Toledo men's tennis team faced a tough Purdue squad on Saturday, dropping the dual match 6-1. Toledo's lone point came from senior Luka Vitosevic.
"Even though we came up short, the team's energy was good, and they fought well," said head coach Al Wermer. "We'll take notes and I know we'll improve going forward."
Vitosevic led the Rockets, securing the only point of the day at the No. 1 singles position. The Belgrade, Serbia native defeated Maksymilian Raupuk in two thrilling sets (6-4, 6-3).
The Rockets return to the courts on Sunday, Jan, 13 when they travel to Bloomington, Ind. to take on Indiana.
Toledo vs. Purdue Results
Purdue 6, Toledo 1
1. Mateo Julio/Stephan Koenigsfest (PURDUE) vs. Vince Anzalone/Danilo Vukotic (TOLEDO) 5-5, unfinished
2. Maksymilian Raupuk/Athell Bennett (PURDUE) def. Omar Espinosa/Luka Vitosevic (TOLEDO) 6-4
3. Franz Luna/Dominik Sochureck (PURDUE) def. Serjen Olmedo/Cole Shoults (TOLEDO) 6-3
1. Luka Vitosevic (TOLEDO) def. Maksymilian Raupuk (PURDUE) 6-4, 6-3
2. Mateo Julio (PURDUE) def. Danilo Vukotic (TOLEDO) 3-6, 6-1, 6-2
3. Athell Bennett (PURDUE) def. Vince Anzalone (TOLEDO) 7-5, 6-2
4. Stephan Koenigsfest (PURDUE) def. Thawin Suksathaporn (TOLEDO) 7-6, 3-6, 10-7
5. Franz Luna (PURDUE) def. Omar Espinosa (TOLEDO) 6-4, 6-2
6. Santiago Galan (PURDUE) def. Serjen Olmedo (TOLEDO) 6-4, 6-3