The Toledo women's cross country team took third with 91 points in the team standings at the Eastern Michigan Fall Classic on Friday.
Sophomore Riley Kwiatkowski took 25th place with a time of 18:38.6. Junior Amanda Bakley placed 32nd (18:56.4) with freshman Megan Burmeister following close behind at 34th (18:58.3).
"We had a really solid outing," said assistant coach Raynee DeGrio. "Several athletes ran season-bests, which is what you want this time of the year. We competed well against some really tough competition and made great strides as a team."
The Rockets will compete in the Mid-American Conference Cross Country Championships on Saturday, Oct. 27th at the Ottawa Park Golf Course in Toledo. The women's race will be at 11:00 a.m. with the men's to follow at Noon.
Eastern Michigan Fall Classic
October 19th, 2018
1. Anne Forsyth - Unattached - 16:57.9
2. Stef Smith - Windsor - 17:08.9
3. Cassandra Vince - Unattached - 17:26.9
4. Katie Osika - Unattached - 17:29.2
5. Rachel Coleman - Michigan - 17:32.2
25. Riley Kwiatkowski - 18:38.6
32. Amanda Bakley - 18:56.4
34. Megan Burmeister - 18:58.3
45. Jordan Doore - 19:32.8
49. Nichole Foor - 19:39.1
51. Hannah Sponaugle - 19:45.3
53. Morgan Dembowski - 20:22.9
57. Casey Reed - 20:33.9