The University of Toledo will host an on-campus pep rally on Thursday ahead of the Homecoming football game against Bowling Green on Saturday. The pep rally is set to begin at 12:30 p.m. on Thursday at Centennial Mall and is just one of many events occurring as part of the Homecoming Week celebrations.
This year's Homecoming theme is Rocky's Big Show, and UT students, faculty and staff can get involved in a number of ways around campus. A few highlights of the week include:
Tuesday: Second annual "Eat the Street" carnival, 6:00-8:00 p.m. on Residence Drive
Wednesday: Big Top Bonanza, 7:00-9:30 p.m. in the Student Union Ingman Room
• #I75RivalryChallenge: Take a picture wearing your best Midnight Blue and Gold and caption it with #I75RivalryChallenge for the chance to win one of five UT/BG Rivalry Helmets. Winners will be selected 10 a.m. Friday morning.
• Ringmaster Rocky's Pep Rally, 12:30-2:00 p.m. on the front steps of the Student Union
Friday: Rocket Marching Band Pep Rally and Parade, downtown Toledo
• Pizza Papalis (519 Monroe St.), 9:15 p.m.
• Ye Olde Durty Bird (2 S. St. Clair St.), 9:30 p.m.
• Cock n' Bull (9 N. Huron St.), 9:45 p.m.
• The Blarney (601 Monroe St.), 10:00 p.m.
Saturday: Men's and Women's basketball open practices
• WBB practice at 7:30-9:30 a.m., Savage Arena
• MBB practice 12:30-2:00 p.m., Savage Arena
Homecoming Parade, 10:30 a.m.
Homecoming football game against Bowling Green for the Battle of I-75 Trophy, 3:30 p.m.
Sunday: Women's Soccer match against Central Michigan, 1:00 p.m. at Scott Park
A full schedule of Homecoming Week events with expanded details is available here.
Tickets for the Rockets' game against Bowling Green are still available. To purchase football tickets, stop by the UT Athletic Ticket Office in Savage Arena, go online to utrockets.com or call 419.530.GOLD (4653).