The Digital News Producer will be expected to regularly update digital and social platforms and work closely the news team to be certain 13abc users find valuable information and have a positive experience. Additionally, the Digital News Producer will oversee content contributed by newsroom staff for quality and accuracy; they will also coordinate visual content generated by the news team into compelling digital journalism buy use of slide-shows, videos, links, polls, live streams, live chats, and other features.
* A proven record of success in production and distribution of local news
* Media-related Bachelor's degree or equivalent job experience in journalism
* 2+ years of digital content experience
* Strong writing skills and a background in digital news; HTML experience is a plus
* Proven leadership skills and excellent news judgment
* A successful track record utilizing multimedia digital assets to maximize how news is covered and distributed
* A Passion for production and storytelling, combined with an unwavering commitment to journalistic ethics and standards
* A community-minded spirit and vision to expand the stations' outreach through coverage of impactful events to the greater region we serve.
* Success in growing an organization's social and digital footprint, especially within key demographics
* Ability to teach and lead by example while using the latest technology
* Attend daily news meetings, and work closely with newsroom colleagues in various locations to identify and promote upcoming content on different media platforms
* Ability to cover news independently, accurately creatively and quickly under deadline pressure
* Understanding if web and social media practices
* Willingness to take direction as a team player is essential
* Must be highly motivated and self-starter
Candidates must exhibit a strong work ethic, excellent people skills, and must maintain professional attitude at all times. Hours, shifts, responsibilities are flexible and are subject to change at the New Director's discretion.
Passing a drug screening and motor vehicle records check are conditions of employment. Gray Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.
Candidates must apply at http://gray.tv/applynow
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.