WTVG is located in Northwestern Ohio. We are a region of proud automotive workers home to Chrysler and GM plants. There is a growing medical community that includes ProMedica Hospital and the University of Toledo Medical Center. We are extremely passionate about our local universities, their educational programs and sports teams: The Ohio State University Buckeyes, the University of Michigan Wolverines, the University of Toledo Rockets and the Bowling Green State University Falcons.
We enjoy all four seasons and the activities that come with each. Nature is always but only a short distance away, with many surrounding parks and Lake Erie for recreation. The roller coaster capital of the world, Cedar Point, is just a short drive from the television station. We have two minor league sports teams. The Toledo Mud Hens have a rich baseball history and loyal following. Not to be outdone are the fans of our hockey team, the Toledo Walleye. We have a national recognized zoo and art museum. We also love our food. There are many outstanding restaurants and local festivals throughout the year.
Since 1948, generations of families have grown up counting on WTVG to be a window to their world on-air and now digitally. Our people, on-air and behind the scenes, are trusted friends and neighbors in the community. There is a culture within our walls that recognizes the responsibility to continue what began over seventy years ago. Our staff cares about each other and knows that we are stronger as one team than as individuals.
• Develop and organize “Nowcasts” with urgent writing and showcasing that includes informative graphics, must see video and cool studio shots.
• Work closely with news managers and assignment editors to determine content needs.
• Responsible for oversight of live broadcasts and up to the minute editorial decisions.
• Must have strong a take charge attitude in both the newsroom and the control room.
• Experience with ENPS news software, Edius editing and automated technology helpful.
• Strategize with digital team member to inspire success in growing the organization’s social and digital footprint.
• Must have good work ethic, strong people skills, ability to be a team player and maintain a professional attitude.
• Highly-motivated and a self-starter
• Media-related bachelor's degree or equivalent job experience in journalism.
• 1-2 years producing experience preferred but willing to train the right candidate.
• Mandatory passage of drug screening and motor vehicle records check
• Always present a professional image as a representative of WTVG