BEIRUT (AP) - Syria's state news agency says the government accepts an agreement by the U.S. and Russia calling for a nationwide cease-fire in the country starting Monday.
The SANA news agency says the agreement "was reached with the knowledge and approval of the Syrian government" and that hostilities will stop in the northern city of Aleppo. It didn't say when.
The U.S. and Russia also agreed to a new military partnership targeting Islamic State and al-Qaida militants, as well as new limits on President Bashar Assad's forces.
Russia is a main backer of Assad's government while the U.S. has been supporting rebel groups trying to remove him from power.
A cease-fire reached by the two world powers earlier this year and put into effect in late February failed shortly afterward and was followed by months of violence the killed thousands.