Virginia Tech vs. Chattanooga Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament First Round
Friday's contest between the Virginia Tech Hokies (27-4) and Chattanooga Lady Mocs (20-12) going head to head at Cassell Coliseum has a projected final score of 74-48 (based on our computer prediction) in favor of heavily favored Virginia Tech, so expect a lopsided matchup. The game will start at 5:30 PM ET on March 17.
In their last time out, the Hokies won on Sunday 75-67 over Louisville.
Virginia Tech vs. Chattanooga Game Info
- When: Friday, March 17, 2023 at 5:30 PM ET
- Where: Cassell Coliseum in Blacksburg, Virginia
- How to Watch on TV: ESPNU
Virginia Tech vs. Chattanooga Score Prediction
- Prediction: Virginia Tech 74, Chattanooga 48
Virginia Tech Schedule Analysis
- Against the No. 13 Duke Blue Devils on March 4, the Hokies registered their best win of the season, a 58-37 victory.
- Against Quadrant 1 teams, the Hokies are 10-4 (.714%) -- tied for the sixth-most wins.
- Virginia Tech has nine wins versus Quadrant 2 opponents, the most in Division 1.
Virginia Tech 2022-23 Best Wins
- 58-37 over Duke (No. 13/AP Poll) on March 4
- 61-45 at home over Duke (No. 13/AP Poll) on February 16
- 59-56 on the road over Tennessee (No. 24/AP Poll) on December 4
- 75-67 over Louisville (No. 20) on March 5
- 81-79 at home over Louisville (No. 20) on January 12
Chattanooga Schedule Analysis
- When the Lady Mocs beat the East Tennessee State Buccaneers, who are ranked No. 161 in our computer rankings, on March 3 by a score of 69-40, it was their signature victory of the season so far.
Chattanooga 2022-23 Best Wins
- 69-40 over East Tennessee State (No. 161) on March 3
- 53-50 on the road over East Tennessee State (No. 161) on January 5
- 73-62 at home over East Tennessee State (No. 161) on February 4
- 63-53 over Wofford (No. 162) on March 5
- 78-70 at home over Mercer (No. 174) on January 14
Virginia Tech Performance Insights
- The Hokies are outscoring opponents by 15.4 points per game with a +479 scoring differential overall. They put up 72.5 points per game (53rd in college basketball) and allow 57.1 per contest (27th in college basketball).
- Virginia Tech's offense has been less productive in ACC tilts this season, posting 68.9 points per contest, compared to its season average of 72.5 PPG.
- Offensively, the Hokies have played better at home this year, averaging 76.9 points per game, compared to 67.1 per game when playing on the road.
- In home games, Virginia Tech is surrendering 7.8 fewer points per game (54.1) than away from home (61.9).
- On offense, the Hokies have struggled over their last 10 games, scoring 69.8 points per contest over that span as opposed to the 72.5 they've put up over the course of this year.
Chattanooga Performance Insights
- The Lady Mocs put up 59.6 points per game (287th in college basketball) while allowing 54.7 per contest (16th in college basketball). They have a +157 scoring differential and outscore opponents by 4.9 points per game.
- Chattanooga scores more in conference play (59.8 points per game) than overall (59.6).
- At home the Lady Mocs are putting up 61.9 points per game, 5.1 more than they are averaging on the road (56.8).
- At home, Chattanooga allows 55.4 points per game. Away, it gives up the same number.
- The Lady Mocs are averaging 63.1 points per game in their past 10 games, which is 3.5 more than their average for the season (59.6).
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.