Cleveland State vs. Villanova Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament First Round
Published: Mar. 13, 2023 at 3:38 AM EDT|Updated: Mar. 18, 2023 at 11:40 AM EDT
Saturday's contest between the Villanova Wildcats (28-6) and Cleveland State Vikings (30-4) going head to head at The William B. Finneran Pavilion has a projected final score of 72-58 (based on our computer prediction) in favor of heavily favored Villanova, so expect a lopsided matchup. The game will begin at 5:00 PM ET on March 18.
The Vikings' most recent game on Tuesday ended in a 73-61 win against Green Bay.
Cleveland State vs. Villanova Game Info
- When: Saturday, March 18, 2023 at 5:00 PM ET
- Where: The William B. Finneran Pavilion in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: ESPNU
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and other live sports without cable!
Cleveland State vs. Villanova Score Prediction
- Prediction: Villanova 72, Cleveland State 58
Cleveland State Schedule Analysis
- On March 7, the Vikings captured their signature win of the season, a 73-61 victory over the Green Bay Phoenix, a top 100 team (No. 58), according to our computer rankings.
- Against Quadrant 3 teams (based on the RPI), the Wildcats are 7-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the 44th-most victories.
- Against Quadrant 4 opponents, Cleveland State is 22-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the third-most victories.
Cleveland State 2022-23 Best Wins
- 73-61 over Green Bay (No. 58) on March 7
- 90-83 on the road over DePaul (No. 69) on November 15
- 63-60 over Northern Kentucky (No. 154) on March 6
- 57-56 at home over Northern Kentucky (No. 154) on February 16
- 77-68 on the road over Youngstown State (No. 173) on December 29
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
Cleveland State Performance Insights
- The Vikings have a +580 scoring differential, topping opponents by 17.1 points per game. They're putting up 74.5 points per game, 36th in college basketball, and are giving up 57.4 per contest to rank 30th in college basketball.
- In Horizon action, Cleveland State has averaged 1.9 more points (76.4) than overall (74.5) in 2022-23.
- The Vikings average 73.3 points per game at home, and 76.6 on the road.
- Cleveland State is conceding fewer points at home (51.6 per game) than away (64.7).
- The Vikings are putting up 70.1 points per contest in their past 10 games, which is 4.4 fewer points than their average for the season (74.5).
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.