Xavier vs. Pittsburgh Predictions & Picks: Spread, Total - NCAA Tournament Second Round
Sunday's contest between the Xavier Musketeers (26-9) and the Pittsburgh Panthers (24-11) at Greensboro Coliseum has a projected final score of 77-73 based on our computer prediction, with Xavier securing the victory. Game time is at 12:10 PM on March 19.
According to our computer prediction, Pittsburgh projects to cover the 5.5-point spread in its matchup against Xavier. The over/under is listed at 151.5, and the two sides are projected to come in below that total.
Xavier vs. Pittsburgh Game Info & Odds
- Date: Sunday, March 19, 2023
- Time: 12:10 PM ET
- TV: CBS
- Where: Greensboro, North Carolina
- Venue: Greensboro Coliseum
- Line: Xavier -5.5
- Point Total: 151.5
- Moneyline (To Win): Xavier -210, Pittsburgh +175
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
Xavier vs. Pittsburgh Score Prediction
- Prediction: Xavier 77, Pittsburgh 73
Spread & Total Prediction for Xavier vs. Pittsburgh
- Pick ATS:
- Pick OU:
Xavier's record against the spread so far this season is 16-15-0, and Pittsburgh's is 21-11-0. The Musketeers have a 19-12-0 record hitting the over, while games involving the Panthers have a record of 20-12-0 when it comes to hitting the over. The two teams average 156.3 points per game, 4.8 more points than this matchup's total. Xavier is 4-6 against the spread and 6-4 overall over its past 10 contests, while Pittsburgh has gone 6-4 against the spread and 6-4 overall.
Put your picks to the test and bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook.
Xavier Performance Insights
- The Musketeers' +255 scoring differential (outscoring opponents by 7.2 points per game) is a result of scoring 81.1 points per game (11th in college basketball) while allowing 73.9 per contest (291st in college basketball).
- Xavier wins the rebound battle by 5.8 boards on average. It collects 34.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 35th in college basketball, while its opponents grab 29 per contest.
- Xavier makes 7.4 three-pointers per game (181st in college basketball) at a 39.1% rate (fourth-best in college basketball), compared to the 7.5 its opponents make while shooting 35.6% from deep.
- The Musketeers' 101.2 points per 100 possessions on offense rank 17th in college basketball, and the 92.1 points they allow per 100 possessions rank 197th in college basketball.
- Xavier has committed 12.3 turnovers per game (222nd in college basketball play) while forcing 11.5 (213th in college basketball).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.