Ohio State vs. Virginia Tech Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament Elite Eight
Published: Mar. 26, 2023 at 7:38 PM EDT|Updated: Mar. 27, 2023 at 7:38 PM EDT
Monday's game that pits the Virginia Tech Hokies (30-4) versus the Ohio State Buckeyes (28-7) at Climate Pledge Arena has a projected final score of 71-68 (based on our computer prediction) in favor of Virginia Tech, who is slightly favored in this matchup according to our model. Game time is at 9:00 PM on March 27.
The Buckeyes' most recent contest on Saturday ended in a 73-61 win against UConn.
Ohio State vs. Virginia Tech Game Info
- When: Monday, March 27, 2023 at 9:00 PM ET
- Where: Climate Pledge Arena in Seattle, Washington
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch every women's tournament game and other live sports without cable!
Ohio State vs. Virginia Tech Score Prediction
- Prediction: Virginia Tech 71, Ohio State 68
Ohio State Schedule Analysis
- The Buckeyes defeated the No. 2 Indiana Hoosiers in a 79-75 win on March 4, which was their best win of the season.
- When facing Quadrant 1 teams, the Buckeyes are 11-6 (.647%) -- tied for the seventh-most victories.
- Against Quadrant 2 teams, Ohio State is 6-1 (.857%) -- tied for the 27th-most victories.
Ohio State 2022-23 Best Wins
- 79-75 over Indiana (No. 2/AP Poll) on March 4
- 73-61 over UConn (No. 6/AP Poll) on March 25
- 87-75 at home over Tennessee (No. 24/AP Poll) on November 8
- 96-77 on the road over Louisville (No. 20) on November 30
- 71-69 at home over North Carolina (No. 20/AP Poll) on March 20
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
Ohio State Performance Insights
- The Buckeyes' +428 scoring differential (outscoring opponents by 12.2 points per game) is a result of putting up 80.2 points per game (eighth in college basketball) while allowing 68.0 per contest (274th in college basketball).
- In conference play, Ohio State is scoring fewer points (74.8 per game) than it is overall (80.2) in 2022-23.
- At home, the Buckeyes average 82.1 points per game. On the road, they score 78.0.
- Ohio State is conceding fewer points at home (64.9 per game) than away (67.0).
- The Buckeyes have played worse offensively over their previous 10 games, posting 73.0 points per contest, 7.2 fewer points their than season average of 80.2.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.