Tigers vs. Angels Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 15
The Detroit Tigers (67-79) and Los Angeles Angels (68-79) clash on Friday at 9:38 PM ET, beginning a three-game series at Angel Stadium of Anaheim.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Tigers will send Tarik Skubal (5-3) to the mound, while Griffin Canning (7-6) will take the ball for the Angels.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Tigers vs. Angels Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, September 15, 2023
- Time: 9:38 PM ET
- TV: BSW
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Venue: Angel Stadium of Anaheim
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Skubal - DET (5-3, 3.47 ERA) vs Canning - LAA (7-6, 4.34 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Tigers Injury Report|
|Tigers vs Angels Betting Trends & Stats|
|Tigers vs Angels Prediction|
|How to Watch Tigers vs Angels|
|Tigers vs Angels Odds|
Tigers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Tarik Skubal
- The Tigers will hand the ball to Skubal (5-3) for his 13th start of the season.
- The left-hander's last start was on Saturday, when he tossed five innings without allowing a run on two hits in a matchup with the Chicago White Sox.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 3.47, a 5.77 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.027 in 12 games this season.
- He has three quality starts in 12 chances this season.
- Skubal will look to finish five or more innings for the eighth start in a row.
- He has five appearances with no earned runs allowed in 12 chances this season.
Angels Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Griffin Canning
- Canning (7-6 with a 4.34 ERA and 120 strikeouts in 110 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Angels, his 20th of the season.
- The righty last appeared on Saturday against the Cleveland Guardians, when he went 5 1/3 innings, allowing three earned runs while giving up eight hits.
- In 21 games this season, the 27-year-old has an ERA of 4.34, with 9.8 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .246 against him.
- Canning enters this game with seven quality starts under his belt this season.
- Canning will aim to go five or more innings for his fourth straight appearance. He's averaging 5.2 innings per outing.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in two of his 21 outings this season.
Griffin Canning vs. Tigers
- He will face off against a Tigers offense that ranks 25th in the league with 1159 total hits (on a .235 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .377 (28th in the league) with 147 total home runs (23rd in MLB play).
- Canning has thrown five innings, giving up two earned runs on seven hits while striking out eight against the Tigers this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.