Guardians vs. Rangers Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 16
The Cleveland Guardians (70-78) take the field against the Texas Rangers (82-65) on Saturday at Progressive Field, at 6:10 PM ET.
The Guardians will give the ball to Tanner Bibee (10-4, 3.03 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 11 on the season, and the Rangers will counter with Dane Dunning (10-6, 3.97 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Guardians vs. Rangers Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Time: 6:10 PM ET
- TV: BSGL
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Venue: Progressive Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Bibee - CLE (10-4, 3.03 ERA) vs Dunning - TEX (10-6, 3.97 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Guardians Injury Report|
|Guardians vs Rangers Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Guardians vs Rangers|
|Guardians vs Rangers Odds|
|Guardians vs Rangers Prediction|
Guardians Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Tanner Bibee
- The Guardians' Bibee (10-4) will make his 25th start of the season.
- The right-hander's last start was on Sunday, when he tossed seven innings while giving up two earned runs on two hits in a matchup with the Los Angeles Angels.
- The 24-year-old has pitched to a 3.03 ERA this season with 9 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 3 walks per nine across 24 games.
- He has earned a quality start 11 times in 24 starts this season.
- Bibee has pitched five or more innings in 15 straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- In 24 appearances this season, he has finished three without allowing an earned run.
Tanner Bibee vs. Rangers
- The Rangers have scored 815 runs this season, which ranks third in MLB. They have 1362 hits, second in baseball, with 209 home runs (sixth in the league).
- The right-hander has allowed the Rangers to go 5-for-22 with a home run and two RBI in six innings this season.
Rangers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Dane Dunning
- The Rangers will send Dunning (10-6) to the mound to make his 23rd start of the season. He is 10-6 with a 3.97 ERA and 122 strikeouts over 152 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Monday, the right-hander tossed six innings against the Toronto Blue Jays, giving up three earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- During 31 games this season, the 28-year-old has put up a 3.97 ERA and 7.2 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .254 to opposing hitters.
- Dunning is trying to pick up his 12th quality start of the year in this game.
- Dunning will try to extend a three-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he's averaging 4.9 frames per appearance).
- He has had seven appearances this season in which he did not give up an earned run.
- This season, the 28-year-old ranks 32nd in ERA (3.97), 37th in WHIP (1.276), and 45th in K/9 (7.2) among qualifying pitchers.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.