Guardians vs. Reds Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 27
The Cincinnati Reds (81-77) will look to sweep a two-game series versus the Cleveland Guardians (74-84), at 6:10 PM ET on Wednesday.
The Guardians will call on Shane Bieber (5-6) against the Reds and Andrew Abbott (8-5).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Guardians vs. Reds Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Wednesday, September 27, 2023
- Time: 6:10 PM ET
- TV: BSGL
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Venue: Progressive Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Bieber - CLE (5-6, 3.91 ERA) vs Abbott - CIN (8-5, 3.70 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Guardians Injury Report|
|Guardians vs Reds Betting Trends & Stats|
|Guardians vs Reds Player Props|
|How to Watch Guardians vs Reds|
|Guardians vs Reds Odds|
|Guardians vs Reds Prediction|
Guardians Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Shane Bieber
- The Guardians' Bieber (5-6) will make his 21st start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up four earned runs and allowed six hits in five innings pitched against the Baltimore Orioles on Friday.
- The 28-year-old has pitched in 20 games this season with a 3.91 ERA and 7.4 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .254.
- In 20 starts this season, he's earned 11 quality starts.
- Bieber will look to finish five or more innings for the third start in a row.
- In 20 appearances this season, he has finished four without allowing an earned run.
Reds Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Andrew Abbott
- Abbott makes the start for the Reds, his 21st of the season. He is 8-5 with a 3.70 ERA and 119 strikeouts over 107 2/3 innings pitched.
- The left-hander last pitched on Friday against the Pittsburgh Pirates, when he went 4 1/3 innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up four hits.
- The 24-year-old has put up a 3.70 ERA and 10 strikeouts per nine innings during 20 games this season, while giving up a batting average of .232 to his opponents.
- Abbott heads into the matchup with nine quality starts under his belt this year.
- Abbott enters this matchup with 13 outings of five or more innings pitched this season.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in five of his 20 outings this season.
Andrew Abbott vs. Guardians
- He will match up with a Guardians offense that ranks 13th in the league with 1339 total hits (on a .249 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .380 (28th in the league) with 121 total home runs (30th in MLB action).
- In five innings over one appearance against the Guardians this season, Abbott has a 3.6 ERA and a 1.2 WHIP while his opponents are hitting .300.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.